Saturday, June 02, 2007

Here I go again... (All Class 3)

My Dad always said, "Excuses are like assholes, everybody's got one." A lot of dads say "excuses are like elbows...", but my dad didn't mince words. When you think about it, elbows doesn't even make sense. Everybody's got one? No, everybody's got two. Assholes is definitely the correct term.

I've been working something like 60 hours a week lately, and everything else has suffered. It kind of sucks, but this week I got my first 120+ hour paycheck, and I felt a lot better about it. Hopefully, all of the extra moola will be enough to get me to San Diego and Chicago this year.

I think the main thing holding me back from posting more often is that I really don't know what it is I'm trying to do with this thing. I can post my thoughts on the stupid shit I tend to think about, or tell little anecdotal stories, but I don't think anybody really cares. Oh well, until I figure something else out, that's what it'll be. That, and, of course, new "All Class" strips, like this one.


All Class - Episode Three - Online Dating

P1: Hurley sits at dinner in a nice restaurant with Deadman and his longtime girlfriend, Louise.
H: …and the only thing worse than that is online dating.
H: Nothing pisses me off more than somebody saying how in love they are with their online girlfriend.

P2: Hurley keeps up his diatribe, as Deadman begins to look uncomfortable. Louise has crossed her arms, and looks mighty unhappy.
H: I mean, how can you even know what a person’s like when you’ve never met them?
H: Which makes me wonder what the phrase “We met online” means.

P3: Hurley is shocked as Louise jumps from her seat, and screams in his face. Deadman leans back and covers his face in embarassment.
H: You can’t meet a person, unless you see them…
L: WE MET ONLINE YOU ASSHOLE!!!

P4: Hurley still looks shocked. Louise is leaned across the table, giving Hurley the death glare.
H: Really!?
D: Dude, I specifically told you that before we came out tonight.

That's all for now kids,
Later

No comments: